The 2019 Federation of Piling Specialists’ (FPS) Annual Awards, held on Friday 25th October, at the 5-star Intercontinental London Park Lane Hotel, were a great success, with the evening hosted by broadcasting legend Huw Edwards OBE, alongside the FPS Chair, Phil Hines.
It goes almost without saying how grateful the FPS is for the support of those companies that sponsored the event, namely:
• Cleveland Steel & Tubes
• John Lawrie Tubular
• Cementation Skanska
• CITA (a Roger Bullivant company)
• Mr Cropper
• Barker Ross
• DYWIDAG Systems International
The support of our kind sponsors contributes to the success of the event and gives the FPS the opportunity to recognise those within the geotechnical sector that have demonstrated innovation and commitment to driving standards ever higher.
Taking the awards on the evening were:
• Safety Innovation Award – Sponsored by John Lawrie Tubulars – Cementation Skanska, for its ‘Piling Industry Specific Temporary Works Coordinators Course’
• Technology Award – Sponsored by Cementation Skanska – Bauer Equipment, for its ‘Bauer Assistant Systems’
• Early Career Professional Award – Sponsored by Soilmec – Balint Madar of Cementation Skanska, who as a Dedicated Operations Manager, changed how engineering ideas and performance are communicated within the organisation
• Early Career Technician Award – Sponsored by CITA – joint winners Josh Winnicott of Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering, a motivated Trainee Contracts Engineer, who brings enthusiasm and innovative thinking to the business and Jake Holohan of Keller, an enthusiastic Plant Fitter, who, using his knowledge and experience, not only fixes fix machines, but innovatively builds new ones
• Chair’s Award – Sponsored by Cleveland Steel & Tubes – Bob Speakman of Aarsleff
Well Done to all winners!
Pictures from the evening will be circulated to all who attended the FPS Awards and the winners will be posted on FPS social media channels over the coming days.