The Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS) is pleased to announce the dates and subject areas for a series of Early Careers Group (ECG) webinars, which are available to all FPS members, to be delivered early 2022, by Ramskill Martin, a multi-disciplinary business specialising in risk management in the construction and engineering sectors.
The webinar series will be rolled out over three months and will sequentially look at key commercial and contractual matters any party wanting to protect itself should be aware of over the lifetime of a project, from pre-contract to completion. Specifically, the webinar series will focus primarily on JCT and NEC contracts, however, the principles discussed will be applicable to any bespoke contract too.
Dates, topics and contents for each webinar are:
11th January 2022 | 10.00am – Pre-Contract
- Contract Formation
- Battle of the Forms
- Who Takes Responsibility for Design Prepared by Others?
- Existing Ground Conditions, who is responsible?
- What is a PCSA?
- Letters of Intent
- The “Construction Act”
1st February 2022 | 10.00am – Contract
- The JCT Suite of Contracts
- The NEC Suite of Contracts
- How the Standard Forms manage Design Liability
- The Differing Approaches to Time & Delay Notices under JCT and NEC
- Valuation under JCT and NEC
- Payment Provisions under JCT, NEC and the Scheme
8th March 2022 |10.00am – Post-contract
- Final Account
- Defect Rectification
- Duration and Liability
15th March 2022 | 10.00am – Commercial
- Managing Your Risk
- Good Commercial Practice
- Dispute Resolution
- Key Items to Take Away from Previous Webinars
The webinar series will be extremely informative, providing real insight into all commercial and contractual matters.
For registration please email – Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org – and a teams link will be sent out in due course.