The Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS) Safety and Training Forum & FPS Learning and Development Committees are pleased to announce that the following short course training standards have been submitted to the CITB for approval:
• The Use of Segmental Casing and Extractors/Oscillators for the construction of Secant Piled Walls
• Basic: Understanding and Describing Soils and Rocks
• Intermediate: Understanding and Describing Soils and Rocks
• High Pressure Grouting
• Planning Lifts with Excavators
• Introduction to Piling
• Safe Use of Casing/ Cage Vibrators
• The Installation of Plunge Columns in Cast in Situ Concrete Piles
Although still in draft form, with some of the tiles subject to change, once the CITB has approved, the courses will be open to anyone, and available as soon as the Construction Training Register goes Live. Applying for a course can be made through the Construction Training Register too – with courses being held at in Derbyshire, although, if companies provide the maximum numbers then it is feasible to deliver at those company’s premises, if practical and suitable.
As soon as these standards are finalised, the FPS will email its members with more information, although updates will be published on the FPS website as they become available.